- SANCCOB is a non-profit organization (and a registered PBO) whose primary objective is to reverse the decline of seabird populations through the rescue, rehabilitation and release of ill, injured, abandoned and oiled seabirds – especially endangered seabirds like the African penguin. Rapidly diminishing fish stocks, habitat destruction, climate change and marine pollution are threatening the survival of the African penguin.
Our current project: SANCCOB’s Port Elizabeth rehabilitation facility is in the process of building a new state-of-the-art rehabilitation pool to carry out our rehabilitation activities all year around, especially during chick season (our peak season).
- Our needs:
- Hand held dust buster for ICU ,would be lovely for all the moulting feathers
- We need a donation of banners and gazebo as we attend lots of events for marketing purposes.
- New Nomad matting for rehab penguins to stand on.
- Stethoscope for listening to the chest of our birds.
- A Generator for when we experience power outages.
One of our successful stories in 2018 is AP001, an abandoned chick from Bird Island, was admitted on the 3rd of January 2018. He was a tiny newly hatched chick weighing 60g, he was in an incubator where he grew and became a strong blue. He was released successfully.
Contact person: Xola Tsewu
Physical address: Cape Recife Nature Reserve, Marine Drive, 6001
Bank: First National Bank
Account Name: SANCCOB
Account Number: 59237135859
Branch Code: Table View Branch code: 203809
Account Type: Cheque account
Reference: Algoa Cares