Algoa Cares November 30th : The Reeva Steenkamp Foundation
Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp Foundation Trust :
The Foundation strives to be Reeva’s voice and as such to continue the work that she began. In addition to :
-to educate the world against the abuse of women and children
-to educate women of their self-worth and right to a safe environment
-to inform victims of abuse of the resources available to them and
-to empower these women through education and skills development to become self-supporting.
June is raising awareness of the horrific statistics of violence and abuse against women and children not only in South Africa, but around the world, by using her voice to educate and speak against abuse of women and children, as Reeva had done.
- Their top 3 projects are :
- Reeva Packs – One stop domestic violence, educational guide for victims and their families.
- Reeva Girls – Yearly bursary granted to a young lady studying family law
- Safe Haven – Opening of a safe house in PE for women and children who have suffered through abuse and find themselves in need of a place of safety.
- A list of your needs
- Monetary Donations for the 3 initiatives.
- Educational grant for law bursary
- Ladies feel good accessories for the Reeva Packs, e.g. lip ice, tissues, deodorants etc.
- Statistics :
- 1 in every 4 women in South Africa is in an abusive relationship
- Every 6 days a woman in SA is murdered by her intimate partner
- Every 25 seconds a woman or girl is raped in SA.
- Contact person
- June Steenkamp / Kim Martin
- 083 268 5944 / 0834460862
- Physical Address:
- 35A, Third Street, Newton Park, Pot Elizabeth, 6001
- To donate to this organization, banking detail please.
Acc type: Corporate saver
Reference: Algoa Cares
''Never be afraid to do what is right, especially if the well being of a person or an animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.” MARTIN LUTHER KING
Thank you for caring