Algoa cares is our corporate social investment programme. Algoa cares was started in 1997 with the aim of supporting local non-profit organisations in their mission to help and empower those in need, especially the most vulnerable within our community. We use the power of radio to increase awareness, influence positive change and inspire those in our broadcast area. Algoa cares has three focus areas namely: health and welfare, education and skills development, and the environment and sustainability. The initiative highlights successful projects that create sustainability within vulnerable communities.
1. Cares on-air
Mio Khondleka interviews a representative from a different charity every Wednesday between 12h30 and 13h00 to raise awareness about their non-profit organisation. To apply for an interview, simply complete the online application form below.
2. Cares promotional support
Community and fundraising events/initiatives can be promoted on-air and online via the what’s happening feature.
To share you event online, click here: What's Happening Submission
Algoa Cares Charity Golf Day
- Algoa FM is a key supporter of organisations who drive projects in the areas of health, education and the environment.
- Algoa FM aims to support projects that are tangible, sustainable and have longevity.
- Algoa FM only considers charities that operate within the broadcast area of the Border Drive (Buffalo City and surrounds).
Ensure that all proposals include the following details:
- Registered NPO number.
- Brief history of organisation.
- Geographical area your organisation supports.
- Detailed of list of projects.
- Highlight the specific capital project you wish to support with the funding received from the Algoa Cares Charity Golf Day
- Contactable telephone/cell number and e-mail address of the Project Manager
Applicants are welcome to include visuals
- Proposals can be sent to email@example.com
- Email subject: Beneficiary Application for Algoa Cares Charity Golf Day 2019
- For more information call Ndileka on (041) 505 9421
- Friday, 10 May 2019 is the closing date for applications. No applications received after this date will be considered.
Please note that this page is limited to non-profit events
To apply to be on air, click on the link below:
10:00 (GMT+2) Wed, 10 May 2017
Elsen AcademyCategory:Health and Welfare, Education and SkillsDevelopment or PhilanthropyDescription of beneficiaryWe are an independent special needs school (EMIS 101021) catering for students from grades 1-12. As a registered NPO (056 – 340),
11:00 (GMT+2) Wed, 03 May 2017
Hannah's Arms was founded by two mothers, Esmé Chesworth and Sonja de Necker in 2011. They decided to join forces in working towards serving babies born into crisis, with the focus being on the baby and his/her immediate physiological and
08:39 (GMT+2) Tue, 25 Apr 2017
Category: Health and Welfare, Education and Skills Development or PhilanthropyCupcakes of HOPE is a Non-Profit Company (NPC 2012/103028/08) and our aim is to raise awareness and funds for families in need of medical assistance, we do this throug
10:52 (GMT+2) Thu, 20 Apr 2017
08:32 (GMT+2) Wed, 12 Apr 2017
Category: Health and WelfareDescription:FAMSA renders counselling services for adults and children struggeling with relationship challenges or after experiencing a traumatic event. We help people to cope with life's up's and down's.&nb
10:00 (GMT+2) Wed, 05 Apr 2017
Category:Care of indigent disabled adults and childrenDescription:We focus on the care of people with disabilities who come from very poor homes and communities. Our residents are profoundly disabled as a result of motor vehicle accidents, illness, s
08:23 (GMT+2) Wed, 29 Mar 2017
09:57 (GMT+2) Wed, 22 Mar 2017
Full name of the organisation: Uviwe Child & Youth ServicesCategory: Health and WelfareDescription:Uviwe is a registered CHILD PROTECTION ORGANISATION. Our focus remains the “best interest of the child” and our work includes
08:39 (GMT+2) Wed, 15 Mar 2017
Full name of the organisation:Lunchbox TheatreCategory: Education and Skills DevelopmentDescription:• Registered NPO in 2008 (062-454-NPO) • Registered PBO with Tax Exemption • Based in Plettenberg Bay. Operational area
08:50 (GMT+2) Wed, 08 Mar 2017
Full name of the organisation: Meals on WheelsCategory: OtherDescription:We have been around 50 years. To carry out our mandate we rely solely on donations. We feed people regardless of colour, sex, religion. We started with the mandate of provi