Algoa cares is our corporate social investment programme. Algoa cares was started in 1997 with the aim of supporting local non-profit organisations in their mission to help and empower those in need, especially the most vulnerable within our community. We use the power of radio to increase awareness, influence positive change and inspire those in our broadcast area. Algoa cares has three focus areas namely: health and welfare, education and skills development, and the environment and sustainability. The initiative highlights successful projects that create sustainability within vulnerable communities.
1. Cares on-air
Mio Khondleka interviews a representative from a different charity every Wednesday between 12h30 and 13h00 to raise awareness about their non-profit organisation. To apply for an interview, simply complete the online application form below.
2. Cares promotional support
Community and fundraising events/initiatives can be promoted on-air and online via the what’s happening feature.
To share you event online, click here: What's Happening Submission
Algoa Cares Charity Golf Day
- Algoa FM is a key supporter of organisations who drive projects in the areas of health, education and the environment.
- Algoa FM aims to support projects that are tangible, sustainable and have longevity.
- Algoa FM only considers charities that operate within the broadcast area of the Border Drive (Buffalo City and surrounds).
Ensure that all proposals include the following details:
- Registered NPO number.
- Brief history of organisation.
- Geographical area your organisation supports.
- Detailed of list of projects.
- Highlight the specific capital project you wish to support with the funding received from the Algoa Cares Charity Golf Day
- Contactable telephone/cell number and e-mail address of the Project Manager
Applicants are welcome to include visuals
- Proposals can be sent to email@example.com
- Email subject: Beneficiary Application for Algoa Cares Charity Golf Day 2019
- For more information call Ndileka on (041) 505 9421
- Friday, 10 May 2019 is the closing date for applications. No applications received after this date will be considered.
Please note that this page is limited to non-profit events
To apply to be on air, click on the link below:
09:43 (GMT+2) Thu, 29 Jun 2017
About the SA NATIONAL YOUTH ORCHESTRA FOUNDATIONOur green-and-gold National Youth Orchestra was founded in 1964. In its sparkling history it has hosted annual orchestra courses, concerts, international and national tours and workshops for young music
08:41 (GMT+2) Wed, 21 Jun 2017
HMA has been in existence for the past 12 years… Founder Ursula Candasamy’s passion to make a difference has led the birth of this NPO. So far we have achieved many of our goals, but we still have a long way to go…. Our aim is to
10:41 (GMT+2) Wed, 14 Jun 2017
COASTAL WATER RESCUECategory: Health and Welfare, Education and Skills Development or Philanthropy: HEALTH & WELFARE IE water safety / voluntaryYour top 3 projects and one line description of each projectReach for a dream: we took on 12 rea
16:00 (GMT+2) Fri, 09 Jun 2017
Thank you all for your kind donations and support.
11:30 (GMT+2) Wed, 07 Jun 2017
Category:Health and WelfareDescription:Autism Eastern Cape is a small Port Elizabeth based charity which gives information and support to individuals and families of those affected by autism. This outreach has until now mostly been done by unpa
11:00 (GMT+2) Wed, 31 May 2017
The 31st of May is WORLD NO TOBACCO DAY Read about TAG here:THE THREE MAJOR LEGAL ADDICTIONS – Our Focus:Tobacco & Tobacco ProductsTobacco legislation is lagging behind in South Africa. We need health warnings and messages onstandardis
11:40 (GMT+2) Thu, 25 May 2017
Masithethe Counselling Services (formerly LifeLine East London) has been working with suffering communities of the Buffalo City Metropolitan area since 1985 (32 years). To date we have Masithethe Counselling Services more than 430 000 adults and chil
10:00 (GMT+2) Wed, 17 May 2017
MTR SMIT CHILDREN’S HAVENCategory :Health and Welfare, Education and Skills, Development or PhilanthropyWelfareDescription of beneficiary :The MTR Smit Children’s Haven is registered to accommodate 100 children from all race between the a
10:00 (GMT+2) Wed, 10 May 2017
Elsen AcademyCategory:Health and Welfare, Education and SkillsDevelopment or PhilanthropyDescription of beneficiaryWe are an independent special needs school (EMIS 101021) catering for students from grades 1-12. As a registered NPO (056 – 340),
11:00 (GMT+2) Wed, 03 May 2017
Hannah's Arms was founded by two mothers, Esmé Chesworth and Sonja de Necker in 2011. They decided to join forces in working towards serving babies born into crisis, with the focus being on the baby and his/her immediate physiological and