Algoa FM broadcasts from the Garden Route to the Wild Coast. The on-air product is lifestyle focused towards adults who enjoy good music, good living and indulge in quality life experiences.
In addition to good music the station also brings global, national and local news and gossip, sport, local traffic and weather extending across our footprint. We’ve been broadcasting in the Eastern Cape since 1 January 1986 and in the Garden Route since December 2011; including Knysna, George and Mossel Bay.
The station is predominantly a music station, but includes many talk show features.
More information on the different shows can be found on our DJ blog pages. Our programs, music and events are tailored to our specific audience as we aspire to always entertain and inspire our listeners while investing in our community.
THE BROADCAST AREA MAP
Our broadcast footprint stretches across the Eastern Cape and Garden Route. Monday to Friday from 3PM - 7PM there is a broadcast split that covers three different areas:
- The Border Region that reaches East london to King William's Town, Queenstown to Aliwal North.
- The Garden Route that stretches from Knysna to Mossel Bay.
- Port Elizabeth and the remainder of the Eastern Cape.
Algoa FM is a music radio station with relevant news and talk elements. Musically, we blend new contemporary favourites with the biggest hits.
Algoa FM aspires to be the leading and most admired media brand.
- We provide entertaining and informative content.
- We maintain a culture of service excellence.
- We nurture an environment conducive to initiative, creative expression and personal responsibility.
- We nurture a fervent commitment to our community.
- Service and Excellence