Algoa FM is dedicated to the community where it broadcasts, and Algoa Cares currently embodies the core of the station’s Corporate Social Investment initiatives. We show our support to the community through our weekly info and call-for-support feature on Mio and Queenie’s lunch time show with Roy Williams as well as numerous events and initiatives throughout the broadcast area.
CHARITY INFO AND SUPPORT FEATURE
Over the past 15 years hundreds of organisations have benefitted from this charity feature.
With this feature:
• The power of regional radio is utilised as the ideal medium to reach our target audience within our broadcast area.
• A charity representative chats on-air to Roy Williams and the lunchtime presenters Mio and Queenie, and listeners are given the opportunity to call in with donations of goods, services or cash.
• Mio and Queenie spend 20 minutes on air, each week, helping non-profit organisations to raise awareness about their organisation and to raise much-needed funds.
• Millions have been raised in support of charities in the broadcast area.
• We currently support 96 charities annually.
If you would like the opportunity to raise awareness about your organisation, via one of the Info or Cares slots simply send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organisations also have the opportunity to apply to serve as beneficiaries to anyone of our charity initiatives listed below. The following features, campaigns and events are owned and initiated by the station in support of its broadcast area:
• Algoa Cares Summer Charity Golf Day (Click here to find out how you can submit your application)
• Algoa Cares Winter Charity Golf Day
• Algoa Cares Winter Woolly Week
If you would like to apply to be a beneficiary to anyone of the station events, simply send your proposal to email@example.com. Clearly mark your e-mail in the subject line for the attention of the Marketing Department.
PROMOTE YOUR COMMUNITY/CHARITY EVENT ON THE ALGOA FM WEBSITE
• Register on the Algoa FM website. How? Simply click on the ‘Add Your Events’ tab and follow the easy instructions.
• Once you are registered, your organisation’s events can be uploaded onto the website and will be displayed on the Your Events page.
MARKET YOUR COMMUNITY/CHARITY EVENT ON-AIR
• Community events are marketed on-air, on a feature called the What’s on Diary which airs during the weekday lunch-time show.
• If you have any community/charity events that you would like to have mentioned on the What’s on Diary, simply send a detailed e-mail of the event to WhatsOn@algoafm.co.za.